Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) Business Setup
Dubai International Academic City (DIAC)
Dubai International Academic City is also referred to as the academic hub of the entire emirate. It houses more than 20 colleges and universities, many schools, innovation centers, and many other academic structures. Today, it has more than 27,000 students and aims to inspire more youth in the coming time.
Types of Licenses available at DIAC:
There are four types of licenses that DIAC considers:
1. UAE Company’s Branch Office:
A UAE based company does not have a different legal status while it can always conduct activities of the holding company’s business.
2. Limited Liability Company in Free Zone:
LLC in free zones needs a minimum of one director to get formed. It has its own legal identity.
3. Foreign Company’s Branch Office:
Any branch office of an abroad company should locally be owned by 51 percent while there is no fixed number of minimum prerequisites of shares.
4. Permit to freelance:
All the freelancers can benefit highly from this as it allows them to manage independently as a professional.
Why Business Setup in DIAC:
Dubai International Academic City is no doubt one of the best places to setup a suitable business.
There are several reasons why one should business setup in the city of academics – DIAC, as mentioned below:
1. You get complete foreign ownership.
2. You get complete allowance to repatriate the profit.
3. It is free of taxes.
4. You get freedom from all import and export duties.
5. Low-cost of operations.
6. Several offices, massive warehouses, and factories are available.
7. It is extremely easy to get a visa for students, employees and other staff members or faculties.
Step by Step Dubai International Academic City Business Setup Procedures:
All the steps under DIAC business setup can be divided into three sections:
1. Submitting the Application.
2. Documentation and Payment of fees.
3. Signature with final collection.
List of Documents Required at DIAC:
Documents required at an early stage are:
• Application form for license.
• Application form for registration.
• The business outline/plan.
• Copy of certificate of incorporation.
• Passport and visa copies of executives involved in the proposed company like managers, directors etc.
Documents required to complete further processes:
These documents need to be signed to complete the process.
• The office leases.
• AOA- Article of Association.
• The Certificate of Incorporation.
Academic Partners of Dubai International Academic City:
Dubai International Academic City collaborates with several academic partners which has impacted its productivity and made it more beneficial than ever before. These partners are:
• American University in the Emirates (AUE)
• Manchester Business School
• Manipal University, Dubai
• Hult International Business School
• Amity University, Dubai
• Institute of Management Technology, Dubai
• Abu Dhabi University
• University of Birmingham, Dubai
• S P Jain School of Global Management
• BITS Pilani University, Dubai
Our Recent blogs
• Filling & Reviewing the Application Form
Dubai International Academic City : FAQs
Just like the academy city needs the best of people to partner with, business owners too need expert mentors. These mentors help you avoid mistakes and form your company efficiently. Hundreds of business owners today invest in quality consultancies to get ahead in the game. And we would proudly like to say, “Business Setup HQ” is one such team of experts.