Business Setup In Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone
Business Advantages of Setting up a Company in the DSO Free Zone
The DSO is a prominent destination for investment because it is ideally positioned in Dubai at the crossroads of Europe and Asia. It is conveniently reachable from Dubai's International Airport, Jebel Ali Port & Port Rashid, and the central business centre. Dubai Silicon Oasis has effectively converted the UAE into a knowledge-based economy by favourably influencing all sectors of the economy, including commerce and services, finance, employment, among others.
Business Setup in Dubai Silicon Oasis
Companies that operate in the Dubai Silicon Oasis Free Zone profit from a variety of free zone bonuses and extra benefits, including 100% sovereignty, a sophisticated IT network, and a business-friendly atmosphere tailored exclusively to the tech sector. As a direct consequence, company registration in Dubai Silicon Oasis is a wonderful opportunity for anybody involved in the technology domain. Famous international corporations such as AMD, Fujitsu, Henkel, Nortel Networks, Philips, Schneider Electric, Synopsys, Wavetek, and Western Digital, among others, have a presence in DSO.
Business established in Dubai Silicon Oasis have also benefited significantly from its vibrant economic and cultural environment as well as the presence of modern industrial zones, office buildings, villas & apartments, R&D units, educational institutions, and healthcare facilities. Among the DSO's facilities are:
• "Plug and Play" offices and R&D centres
• Advanced logistics amenities including light industrial units, operational warehouse units, high-bay warehouses, and industrial spaces.
• Shovel ready industrial land plots of varying sizes.
• Outstanding conference amenities, including meeting rooms and a lecture hall for corporate presentations.
• Shops, services, and restaurants.
Why should you choose DSO for Business Formation?
Company incorporation in Dubai Silicon Oasis is a lucrative proposition due to excellent business infrastructure, liberal government policies and the following reasons:
• 100% foreign ownership
• 100% personal and corporate tax exemptions
• 100% repatriation of capital and profits
• Competitive pricing
• No customs duty
• No quotas or trade barriers
• State-of-the-art IT infrastructure – fibre rings, Wi-Fi coverage, on-site data centre, high-speed Internet access, and a full suite of services with tier-3 data centre
• Plug and play offices
• Subsidized top-end EDA tools
• Faster processing of employee visas
• Hassle-free customs clearance
• Business support and conference facilities
• Stringent IP laws and support
• Thriving urban community with core technology zone, surrounded by a master-planned residential environment, consisting of villas, technologically advanced commercial and residential high-rise buildings
• Fast-track processes for business setup
• Dedicated business support services including integrated online E-business system offering tenants fast and efficient services at the touch of a button
•Access to a talented pool of technical and engineering professionals
•Stable and clear regulation laws
•Access to 5 billion consumer market with tourists from the Middle East, North Africa, and Indian Subcontinent
Types of Legal Entities in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO)
DSO provides a profitable supply chain to shareholders in the form of several rewards and lets individuals or corporations establish a business in any of the following legal forms:
• Free Zone Establishment (FZE) – An FZE is a single-shareholder entity (individual or corporate) that can be established with an initial capital commitment of AED 100,000.
• Free Zone Business (FZC/FZCO) - A FZC is a company that has 2 to 5 shareholders (individuals or corporations) and requires a minimum capital investment of AED 100,000 to be formed.
• Foreign Firm Branch- Any UAE or foreign-based firm can establish its branch in the DSO without any financial expenditure if it performs the same business as the parent company.
• Branch of a Local Company
Business Licensing Segments in DSO
Dubai Silicon Oasis is the gateway for firms related to the semiconductor sector, both internally and globally. Furthermore, the Dubai Silicon Oasis free zone concentrates on enterprises in any of the following hi-tech sectors:
• Alternative Energy
• Consultancy & Business Development
• Data Centre
• EDA Tools
• Electrical Appliances & Equipment
• Engineering Related to Technology
• Finance Institutions
• General Activities
• IC Design
• Information Technology and Localization of Technologies
• IP Protection
• IT Security
• Law Firms
• Mobile Technologies
• Oil and Gas
• Software Development & Solutions or Software-as-a-Service (SAAS)
• Talent Development and Recruitment
• Telecommunications Equipment
Types of Licenses Issued for Company Formation in DSO
• Service License - Enables licensed companies (such as accounting firms, business consultants, and attorneys) to perform DSOA-specified services.
• Industrial License - Entitles the registered firm to import raw materials, produce, process, equip, package, and export finished goods.
• Trade License - This license allows the authorized business to import, export, and distribute the products mentioned in the license.
• Business Operation Permit: This is a special permission granted by the Dubai Economic Department (DED) to enterprises operating in regions controlled by private individuals.
• Entrepreneurial Business Licence (EBL): EBL is a low-cost license with a lower company share that is intended to provide a wide range of support goods and facilities to emerging entrepreneurs that are participants of DSO's incubation program.
Business Set Up Process in Dubai Silicon Oasis
There are many processes to be undertaken for DSO company incorporation, such as selecting proper legal company structures, agreeing on the company activity, hiring the necessary people, preparing a thorough business strategy, and so on. Company establishment in Dubai Silicon Oasis is simple for corporations that can comprehend the DSOA's predefined rules and regulations and implement strategic decisions accordingly. Despite this one must ensure that all processes are implemented in full compliance with UAE laws, as a minor error can cause the business setup process to be prolonged unnecessarily.
As a result, seeking professional assistance from reputable business partners such as Commitbiz is preferable, as they are well-versed in the necessary legal courtesies relating to employment, leasing of offices or residential space, reserve requirements, business permit and licensing, dispute resolution, visa applications, and so on, turning the actual company formation in dubai process to a simple and streamlined one.
Commitbiz simplifies the business formation in Dubai Silicon Oasis by relieving customers of the duty of business registration and saving them the headache of dealing with legal requirements and the bureaucratic red tape. Furthermore, we assist our clients with the following paperwork formalities:
• Audited financial report / Bank statement / reference letter
• Application Form
• The business plan of the company
• Letter of Intent
• NOC (only for UAE residents)
• Original bank letter mentioning the share capital
• Passport Copy(s)